Monday, July 2, 2018

May 14, 2018

Good morning, wonderful family of mine!
Before I begin, Grandpa!!! I hope you're okay!! You and Grandma are in my prayers, I hope you have a safe rest of your trip (and no more broken anything, okay?).
This week has been insane! First full week in the Boise 2nd area, with Boise 13th ward and Hidden Springs. There is so much to do here, Sister Johnson and I barely know what to do with ourselves!
Tuesday was service and moving day! We have just serve hours at Salvation Army at the food bank, it is so fun to have that allotted time every week! :) In the afternoon we moved, so crazy! I furiously packed (because I had procrastinated oops!), then the Anderson's (from the office) came with their truck and helped us move everything over. I am so grateful for their help - we definitely would have taken 3 or 4 trips in our tiny Corolla :)
Wednesday, we had district meeting and we did role plays and talked about extending baptismal invitations and investigator's hold ups (not keeping commitments, family, too busy, and lack of understanding). Later that day, we had planned to try a former investigator, Brooke. During our planning, the spirit nudged us to try her. Our meeting with her was amazing. At first, she was a little hesitant (for ALL the reasons we talked about in district meeting) but Sister Johnson asked if we could just study with her and she invited us in and we talked more. She had been taught 5 years ago, and she already had a testimony of the Restoration and even baptisms for the dead! She brought up the topic of being baptized, and noe she's ready to work through her concerns and she is on date for June 23rd. Wow! The Lord knows His children and when they will be ready to receive the gospel, and when we follow the promptings of the spirit, we can be His hands! What a privilege this is!
On Friday we had interviews with President Bartlett, I always enjoy discussing things with him. He is so inspired and gives such wonderful direction and advice - this time he told me to focus (almost completely) on part member families. That is where miracles will occur. I am excited to take this into effect with Sister Johnson - there are people to find and work to be done! We had another lesson with Brooke too, she is so ready. I love her and am so excited to be one along her path to conversion! <3
On Saturday, we had a great lesson with a returning member of the ward. Her daughter was there too, and there are a lot of struggles in the family (just like all of our families). Sister Johnson and I ended up sharing the Mormon Message "the Hope of God's Light" and the spirit was palpable. It was so strong and we all felt it. The spirit is so incredible and I am so thankful for his presence in my life and in the lessons we have with others. He is the converter, not the missionaries.
Then, of course, Mother's Day!! Sister Johnson and I were asked to give talks in the Boise 13th ward which was nerve wracking but so wonderful. I was happy for the opportunity. Then we found out that we have a whopping 107 part member families in our area, wow! There is SO much to do! Then the best part of the day (and probably the week) - Mother's Day call home!!! Seeing you all was so wonderful and energizing and it made me so so happy. I love you all so much!!!!!
Have an amazing week! Remember to remain worthy to have the spirit with you - he is critical to our ongoing conversion and in the lives of others that we are always reaching out to. I love you all!!
<3333333333333333333333333333333333333333
Sister Carlson



No comments:

Post a Comment