Monday, July 2, 2018

February 26, 2018

Good morning, everyone!
It's been the craziest week (I know I say that a lot, but I mean it this time)! There were so many things that happened, and so many things that didn't because there was too much to do! I suppose it's a blessing to have this much, but it makes for a crazy week!
On wednesday, we had exchanges! Sister Meredith came to our area and Sister Marshall went to their area. And I love Sister Meredith! We've been in this district together for about 4 months now, and I just love and admire the amazing missionary she is! We had two set lessons that day, with Alex and Katelynn. Katelynn's lesson went so well! We taught the Restoration, and both her and Amanda were rapt! The spirit was so strong in the room. And, Amanda is now a referral for Sisters Meredith and Fetterman! Exchange blessings! Alex's lesson went really well too! We had a sister with us, just recently returned home from her mission, and she was on FIRE! The spirit is amazing in softening the hearts of people, even ourselves :)
Thursday, we had to drive up to Boise for an appointment I had. It wasn't snowing in Twin Falls, but as we came up, with was snowing really hard! There was one point on the highway that I was trying to merge, and I completely lost control of the car! We were slipping and sliding on the ice and I was sure we were going to roll off the road into the fields of Idaho. But by the hand of the Lord, we were protected and I regained control of the car. It was so scary, but Heavenly Father protects us! And after that, I drove 45 in an 80 zone the rest of the way there :)
Friday, we had District Meeting where we started to clean out our Facebook! We are going to active on Tuesday at our zone conference, and I am simultaneously excited and terrified! The Lord is hastening His work, and when we trust in Him and hang on, we'll be able to use the tools He's given us so effectively!
Saturday was very special. We had the opportunity to serve at a mosque that is opening up in Twin Falls. Our YSA ward volunteered to help paint the inside, and it was such an incredible opportunity. The people there were so grateful for the help, and there was such a spirit of unity there. Our bishop is really pushing to strengthen our ties of friendship with others faiths in Twin Falls - he is such an amazing man! When we finished, they fed us lunch, and they prayed before we ate. It was so cool! They sing their prayers, and I was really touched that they shared that with us. After their prayer, Sister Marshall said a prayer too (they invited her to). So incredible! The shared a little about what they believe, and I was struck by some of the similarities to our religion. In religion, we all have the same end goal - to return into the presence of God! I am so thankful for this opportunity, for it strengthened my testimony of love and charity.
That night, we were knocking on a less actives door. There was no answer, but I do think that they of their next door neighbor let out their dog to scare us away. And I'm sad to say that it worked!! We turned around and saw a HUGE St. Bernard staring at us (I was so spooked). We started to walk, and it kept following us. Sister Marshall was petting it, but I was totally freaked out. I told it to go home, and it barked really loudly at me. I got in the car shortly after that :) But it's crazy because I love dogs! This one just really scared me? Oh well, tudo bem!
That's just about everything for this week! Thank you so much to everyone for your continued prayers and support, we can feel them from here!
Have a great week and stay warm!
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment