Monday, July 16, 2018

July 9, 2018

Hi everyone!
This week I spent 35 hours away from my companion! :O Don't worry, it wasn't anything bad haha :) We got to do exchanges with Sister Peterman and Enkhbold from Friday to Saturday, and on Tuesday Sister Johnson has a missionary leadership meeting to go to, so I was in a trio with Sister Irish and Manuia! What a fun time, I love all these sisters! (and sorry, I don't have any pictures :'( I know, I'm the worst!) Also this week was the 4th of July and my one year in field mark! So many crazy things happening, life is exciting :D
We had some really good, rewarding lessons this week. In both of them, we taught the Restoration and more importantly talked about people's needs. I learned a lot about Christ-like love, charity, forgiveness, and leadership (I think all of those could probably just be under the umbrella of charity). All of us would like to become better people, and the only way we can truly do that is through Jesus Christ's atonement. It's because of Him that we can do anything - He saves us from physical AND spiritual death, enabling us to return to live with our Heavenly Family again. When we pray for help in certain areas (with Christ-like attributes) and give everything over to Him, then we can really improve. But it does require work on our end, of course! We need to always seek to be forgiving, charitable, service oriented (the Savior ministered and served one by one, and we have the amazing opportunity to do the same with this improved ministering program), etc! As we consecrate our time, efforts, and everything else, we will be able to become the instruments that He needs us to be. I am grateful for this opportunity to serve a mission - with all the joys and trials included - to be able to learn these important lessons. He always want to teach us more, we just need to be ready and willing to receive what He will give!
Have a great week everyone! Don't forget to hang onto the iron rod (read the Book of Mormon!) and stay on that straight and narrow path (to eternal life)! Love you all <3
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment