Monday, July 2, 2018

June 25, 2018

Good afternoon, everyone!
This was kind of a rough week for Sister Johnson and I, but we definitely saw miracles, and I was able to see the love that God has for these children in this area.
Brooke dropped us last Monday evening. She expressed some of her concerns and was very firm in her decision this time. I know that her time will come, but I can't lie and say I wasn't crushed. But I know that she'll be ready at some point, and that will be an amazing and sweet day! I love her so much, and I know that she's being prepared for all the blessings that God has in store for her! God is so good to us!
Sunday evening, Sister Johnson and I were able to connect with one of our potential investigators (Lynette) and have the most amazing lesson. She had really amazing questions and the spirit was there. The flow of our discussion was just amazing! It was a miracle that we reconnected with her, every time we've gone for the past little while, she hasn't been home. And at the end of a pretty discouraging week, we could have easily turned in for companion study. But we didn't! We followed the promptings of the spirit and were lead to her! I am so grateful for the gift of the spirit.
That's one of my biggest take-aways from the week, is that of personal revelation. God wants to help guide us through the turmoils of life, and that's exactly why He gives us the gift of the Holy Ghost. It truly is a gift. When we pray of direction and study His word and ponder in our hearts, we will come to know His will for us. It way not be in the way and the time that we want, But He will always answer. He is always there. Trust in Him!
Have a great week!
Sister Carlson

No comments:

Post a Comment