Monday, July 2, 2018

April 16, 2018

Good morning, everyone!
Before I begin, can I just say that Idaho weather is silly? It got to 72 yesterday after church (it was so wonderful and sunny!) and then this morning it was raining which quickly turned to snow! I think I'm going to start storing all of my jackets and coats in the car haha!
It has been a good week - we had exchanges, lots of service, and a trip to Hansen and Murtaugh! Lots of fun things going on here in the YSA 1st ward :) 
We had a lesson with Trevor on Wednesday. It went relatively well, we went over the Restoration with him point by point (we gave him his own copy, so we read through some sections and he explained what he understood about others). In our next lesson, we'll be talking about the Plan of Salvation, along with patriarchal blessings and baptisms for the dead! Exciting stuff :D
We have a lesson with Alex this upcoming Wednesday. We're going to his fellowshipper's house and watching the 15 minute Restoration video, I am really excited for this lesson. 
We have two people on the horizon - 2 YSA from Zimbabwe. Long story short, they're living with a member here in Twin and they've expressed interest in Mormon temples and learning more. We're going to try and meet with them today and bring the to FHE - yay!
Little sidenote, we got an assistant ward mission leader last week, woo-hoo!! We are so excited to work with him - he's an amazing, reliable guy (and he's a redhead!).
Over the past week, I've received a few nudges from different sources that I need to be using my creative talents to teach. I have been nervous and stumped on how to do this, but I've thought of and prayed about a few things. I'm going to be praying and (hopefully) experimenting this week, so I'll tell you about it next week! :D
Thank you so much for all of the birthday wishes! There were a few people here who knew it was my birthday and really tried to make it special for me - they're so wonderful! I'm so grateful to be surrounded by people who love me (and I love them SO much!)
Have an amazing, uplifting week! Remember that the Lord's timetable is different than ours, and that's okay - we can trust 100% that His plan for us is better than ours :)
Love you all! <3
Sister Carlson









No comments:

Post a Comment