Friday, August 31, 2018

August 20, 2018

Good morning, everyone!
This week has been another full of absolute miracles!! The Lord is blessing us so much and I am just floored ever single day. Heavenly Father loves all of His children, and I'm so grateful for the minister that I've given and that I've received.
We started with exchanges on Tuesday and Wednesday. Sister Peterman came to my area with me and Sister Cook went with Sister Enkhbold in her area. We extended longer than intended and it was inspired and we saw so much success. Tuesday was a very hard day for me (it just felt like one blow after another), which ended up making Tuesday not as effective, but Wednesday was wonderful! Sister Peterman and I ended up going to an apartment complex and tracting the whole top floor. We found two lovely woman who were accepting towards our message, and we are excited to teach with them this week! Tracting does work (and it was a miracle especially because neither of us were very excited about it)! 
Friday was so SO incredible. It was our mission tour, and we had Elder Renlund of the quorum of the 12 apostles and Elder Cook, Taylor, and Alder of the 70 come and speak to us. WOW!! (We're so spoiled haha) It was so uplifting and edifying - it was all centered on God's love and appreciation for the work that we were doing. It was an incredibly special experience, and I left feeling so so happy. I know that God loves all of His children, and I know that Elder Renlund was inspired to say specific things for specific people to comfort and touch them. There were so many things that I was personally able to draw from what was said to make me a more powerful missionary and daughter of God. I know that Elder Dale G. Renlund is an apostle and prophet of the Lord, and I will always be (this word isn't strong enough, but) grateful for this privilege to have him in the Idaho Boise Mission.
Saturday was such an incredible day! In the afternoon, we were going to see Debbie, but we met this lady named Laura outside the apartment. She had crutches and was getting a cart of groceries to take inside and she had her dog, so we offered to help. We chatted with her for a bit and she was interested in learning more. It was 3:30 and there was a baptism happening at 4, so we invited her and she came!! Wow!! I felt like we were on The District or something! She came and had a wonderful experience. She asked us questions and she accepted the invitation to come to church!! Wow, what an incredible, amazing miracle! We're going to teach her later this week and we couldn't be more excited!
What a whirlwind of a week! I feel so blessed to have a Heavenly Father that loves me and His all children here. I know that as we trust in Him and follow the spirit, we will be lead to those people who are ready and prepared to receive His gospel. He loves us. I know that without a shadow of a doubt. I hope that all of you will never forget that. Find strength in that.
Love you all so much!! Have a great week!
Sister Carlson

PS - Grandma and Grandpa Carlson! Thank you for asking to stop by and see me, Sister Bartlett called and told me that you had asked. She was very impressed by all the missions you've served :) Thanks for thinking of me!







No comments:

Post a Comment