Tuesday, August 14, 2018

August 13, 2018

Hola Familia!
Good morning, President Bartlett.
This has been a week of so many miracles!! I know that these have come because of all the efforts of members, non-members, previous and current missionaries, and the Holy Ghost in preparing the people that we are now teaching. I'll just share a couple with you all :)
Kaylee and Milly, our two 9 year old friend in Hidden Springs, are both eager to be baptized! They are so precious. With family schedules and some hesitation it's been hard to meet with them, but we were able to teach both of them this week after months of trying! 
We received a referral from Sister Doughty (stake president's wife) about 2 months ago for Alicia and her husband in Hidden Springs. But this week we were finally able to have our lesson with them!! They are both starting from ground zero (no religious background), so it was really wonderful to talk about the Restoration. When Sister Cook recited the First Vision, Alicia was extremely touched by Joseph Smith's experience. It was a very tender moment, and the Spirit was there in the room with us. They have been prepared for Christ's gospel for a long time, and we are so thrilled for the opportunity we have to teach them.
So that's four new people we're teaching in Hidden Springs! That's a miracle in itself, going from 0 to 4 in a week!
There's another woman named Debbie and I love her so much. She's a hoot and a half!! She is very excited to teach us the basics of sewing, and so far we've both made pin cushions with her assistance :D She's had previous contact with the church, so she is very familiar with everything - she even has her own quad! She came to church yesterday and we had a wonderful time. I am so happy to have met her and have her in my life! She's so awesome!!
Those are my very most favorite people related miracles....and now here's my favorite not related to our people. Drum roll please!! We got a new car!!!!! With air conditioning!!! He is beautiful and we named him Captain Moroni :)
I think that's about it! I am so grateful for all of these blessings that the Lord has giving to us - each of these people are changing my life for the better, and I'll always be thankful for this opportunity I have to work with them in this capacity. I am grateful to be a in this area! I am grateful to be a missionary! I love this work and I know this is Christ's church restored to the Earth today! What a wonderful work (and time) we get to be a part of!
Love you all so many!! 
<3
Sister Carlson









No comments:

Post a Comment