Tuesday, December 26, 2017

December 26, 2017

Good morning, everyone!

Merry day-after-Christmas! What a wonderful week it has been. I feel so blessed to be a missionary at this time. What a privilege it is to be a full time servant of the Lord!

I can't remember much from this week, but I'll try my best to at least cover a few things.

So on Saturday, we had our "Kimberly day." Because our YSA ward covers Twin Falls, Kimberly, Hansen, and Murtaugh, we have to be very conscious of our miles (if you don't know Idaho - it's a hugantic area!). So we have a few days a month that we visit the places that are farther away, hence out Kimberly day. There are parts of Kimberly that are more city like, but for the most part it's spread out and it's in the boonies :) Saturday was also the first day we got real snow :) Needless to say, we did a lot of slipping, sliding, and almost getting stuck in the snow with our tiny Corolla! But that day was full of miracles. We were able to find a handful of people who we and the ward didn't know. One in particular was down in the boonies. The snow was covering everything, so it was near impossible to see tiny turn off road or house numbers. Sister Snow and I drove down a road piled high with snow and it was a dead end at someone's house. There was a UPS truck there, so it was an awkward squeeze to get out, and I had to back Sister Snow. When I got out of the car, I waved at the guy in the truck, and he came out and I asked him if he knew where the address we were looking for was. He offered to lead us there, and we quickly agreed! He lead us directly to the right house AND gave us some information that he knew about the family. Sometimes, angels wear UPS uniforms!

I have loved the snow and, ironically, Sister Snow has not (lol!). Christmas was wonderful. Talking to my family left me happy and content, and we got to visit with members in the ward for the day. We shared messages about Jesus Christ, and I would like to bear my testimony to you now that I know he lives. I know that he loves us, and that's why he lived a perfect lie and was an innocent sacrifice - he allows us the possibility and promise that we can like with our heavenly family again. What a glorious promise that gives our lives meaning and purpose. I am so thankful for his sacrifice for us, his brothers and sisters. He is the reason for this season, and the reason that we can be saved and live with out Father in Heaven again. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
Sister Carlson

P.S. - Thank you so much to everyone who sent me gifts and cards! I loved all of the thought that came with them - y'all are so sweet to me! 

Sister Snow and I on Christmas Eve!

Thank you for the Christmas Eve jammies! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment