Monday, December 11, 2017

December 11, 2017


Good morning, All!

What an exciting week it's been! There's so much to cover, I hope I can do this week justice (but let's be real, I probably won't haha).

So! Tuesday, Sister Snow and I made some sugar cookie deliveries to less actives in our YSA ward. At the end of the night, we still had a couple plates and we'd been asked to visit this one young man by President Hatch, so we visited him! He definitely didn't want to talk to us (you can just tell when they're uncomfortable, especially because you're missionaries :D), but he had to because we'd brought him cookies! Haha!

On Wednesday we had zone conference, which was amazing as usual!! The Twin Falls North zone was paired with the Burley Zone, so I got to see all of the people I'd previously served with, including Sister Ellsworth and Sister Holland and Gainer! It was so exciting - I kept running away from Sister Snow to go hug everyone oops! Something very exciting was announced in zone conference: we're getting smartphones! This is such an amazing opportunity to reach out to those of God's children who aren't reachable by the normal way. We're so excited to be able to use this additional tool to help us more fully fulfill our missionary purpose - to bring others unto Christ. What an exciting time to be a missionary!

This weekend, Sister Snow and I helped one of our (favorite) members move. She's still close, but she's barely outside of our area (now she's in the second ward). Though it was really really sad to see her go, we are so excited that she's taken this next step in her life and bought a house!

Yesterday, we saw the miracles that come through prayer and diligence. I am so thankful to know that the Lord is mindful of His children, and that He wants us so desperately to succeed!

Last night when we came home, Sister Snow and I were chatting and snacking to wind down before bed. Something has been stinking up the fridge - and I found that it was broccoli that Sister Somppi had made 6 weeks ago, yuck! In our defense, it was hiding in the back of the fridge. I disposed of it, ew. The day before, Sister Snow had put a glass of milk in the fridge because she forgot to drink it. I wanted to get rid of it, so I was going to drink it, but it was BROCCOLI MILK! Because it had been uncovered, it had taken on the yucky broccoli flavor - EW! Sister Snow was laughing so hard, and I trying to rid myself of the horror that was broccoli milk. It was definitely a companion bonding moment, but at what expense? :)

Anyway, I hope you all have a wonderful week! Remember to #LightTheWorld - the greatest effect comes when we all band together and participate!

Love and miss you all!
Sister Carlson


 Sister Snow and I outside the church building waiting for emailing today right before
Sister Snow dropped her camera- oops!
Sister Snow and I with Tahjeri, an amazing YSA in our ward

Sister Snow and I with Jessilee right after helping her move. :(




No comments:

Post a Comment